Re: pg15b2: large objects lost on upgrade

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pg15b2: large objects lost on upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 7, 2022 at 1:10 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> Maybe it's a good idea to check that the file is empty before unlinking...

If we want to verify that there are no large objects in the cluster,
we could do that in check_new_cluster_is_empty(). However, even if
there aren't, the length of the file could still be more than 0, if
there were some large objects previously and then they were removed.
So it's not entirely obvious to me that we should refuse to remove a
non-empty file.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com