Re: Allow streaming the changes after speculative aborts.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Allow streaming the changes after speculative aborts.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 4:15 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Thanks. Now, that the PG-15 branch is created, I think we should
> > > commit this to both 15 and 14 as this is a minor change. What do you
> > > think?
> >
> > Yeah, this is a minor improvement so can be pushed to both 15 and 14.
>
> Thanks, pushed!

I think if you're going to back-patch things that are arguably new
features into stable branches, you ought to give people more than 4
hours and 16 minutes to object. That's how much time passed between
the proposal to back-patch and the commit getting pushed.

I'm not objecting to the change as such - though someone else may wish
to - but I'm definitely objecting to the timing of the commit.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com