Re: [HACKERS] pg_background contrib module proposal

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_background contrib module proposal
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pg_background contrib module proposal  (Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
> On 12/22/16 4:20 AM, amul sul wrote:
>> • pg_background_detach : This API takes the process id and detach the
>> background process. Stored worker's session is not dropped until this
>> called.
>
> When I hear "detach" I think that whatever I'm detaching from is going to
> stick around, which I don't think is the case here, right? I'd suggest
> pg_background_close() instead.

Uh, I think it is.  At least in the original version of this patch,
pg_background_detach() leaves the spawned process running but says
that you don't care to read any results it may generate.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company