Re: [HACKERS] Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Heikki, do you have any plans to work more on this?
>> Or does anyone else?
>
> FWIW, I have some interest in the Apple Secure Transport patch that
> is in the CF queue, and will probably pick that up at some point if
> no one beats me to it (but it's not real high on my to-do list).
> I won't be touching the Windows version though.  I suspect that the
> folk who might be competent to review the Windows code may have
> correspondingly little interest in the macOS patch.  This is a bit
> of a problem, since it would be good for someone to look at both of
> them, with an eye to whether there are any places in our SSL abstraction
> API that ought to be rethought now that we have actual non-OpenSSL
> implementations to compare to.

Well, the best way to handle that might be to get some of this stuff
done before we get too much later into the release cycle, so that
there's time to tinker with it before the release goes out the door
(or is deep in beta).  However, if nobody's working on this and the
other patch is someplace far down your to-do list, then I guess that
isn't going to happen.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company