Re: Finding tables dropped by DROP TABLE CASCADE

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Finding tables dropped by DROP TABLE CASCADE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:52 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> Presumably it would also need to invalidated if someone did ALTER
>> TABLE (which might recurse into unspecified children).
>
> Good point. For DROP TABLE/ALTER TABLE, I need to take care of its chidren.
>
>> It sort of seems like what you want to do is snoop the sinval traffic...
>
> It's hard for pgpool-II since there's no API in PostgreSQL for
> that. Maybe I will look into the system catalog to find out
> children. I'm not sure if I can deal with CASCADE by the same method
> though.

It's possible, but not too easy.

Maybe we should have a special LISTEN channel that plays back (some
subset of? some decoded version of?) the sinval messaging.  I bet the
pgAdmin guys would like an automated way of knowing when tables had
been created/dropped, too...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company