Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Split hash.h → hash_xlog.h

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Split hash.h → hash_xlog.h
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 9:03 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 3:31 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>> > Split hash.h → hash_xlog.h
>>
>> I hope we're not going to make a regular habit of using Unicode glyphs
>> in our commit messages....
>
> Well, why not?  We're already using diacritics in author names and such.

I don't mind those, although I sometimes have difficulty typing them
in properly - I often have to cut and paste from somewhere to get them
to come out right.  But:

1. I'm not sure that we want to deeply depend on everybody having
perfect Unicode rendering in every tool anybody uses to look at the
commit log.

2. I think that it's better to use words rather than pictures to explain things.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company