Re: "could not open relation with OID" errors after promoting the standby to master

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: "could not open relation with OID" errors after promoting the standby to master
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Joachim Wieland <joe@mcknight.de> wrote:
> If it matters, I have not promoted the master with a trigger file but
> restarted it after deleting recovery.conf.

Hmm.  I think that if you do it this way, the minimum recovery point
won't be respected, which could leave you with a corrupted database.
Now, if all the WAL files that you need are present in pg_xlog anyway,
then they ought to get replayed anyway, but I think that if you are
using restore_command (as opposed to streaming replication) we restore
WAL segments under a different file name, which might cause this
problem.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company