Re: Re: BUG #12990: Missing pg_multixact/members files (appears to have wrapped, then truncated)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Re: BUG #12990: Missing pg_multixact/members files (appears to have wrapped, then truncated)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 11:18 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 12:23 AM, Thomas Munro
>> <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> > This patch will change it anyway, but I noticed that oldestOffset's
>> > computation to find the start of the segment seems wrong in master, I
>> > think it should be like this, no?
>
>> This should be committed and back-patched separately, I think.  I'll
>> go do that now.
>
> I was going to say the same.  Thanks.

OK, so here is what's in Thomas's latest version that's not already
committed and different from my last version.  It should apply on top
of my multixact-av.patch, but I attach it here as a separate extract
for ease of review.  I think what we need to determine is whether this
is the right fix for the problem of starting emergency autovacuums for
member space exhaustion even when autovacuum=off.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Re: BUG #12990: Missing pg_multixact/members files (appears to have wrapped, then truncated)
Сообщение: Re: Re: BUG #12990: Missing pg_multixact/members files (appears to have wrapped, then truncated)