Re: pie-in-sky idea: 'sensitive' function parameters

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pie-in-sky idea: 'sensitive' function parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 3:26 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> One missing part of that is that we'd need to support bind parameters
> for utility statements, eg new password in ALTER USER.  That's been
> on the wish list for a long time anyway, of course.  I think it's
> mostly a matter of lack of round tuits, rather than any fundamental
> problem.  (Parameters in transaction control statements might have
> fundamental problems, but we can just dismiss that as out of scope.)

I might be wrong, but isn't this, like, a ton of work? All the places
in the DDL grammar that currently accept string literals would have to
be changed to also allow parameters, and then the downstream code
would need to be adjusted to look through those parameters to find the
corresponding values. Or is there a less painful approach?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: pie-in-sky idea: 'sensitive' function parameters
Сообщение: Re: pie-in-sky idea: 'sensitive' function parameters