Re: [WIP] Better partial index-only scans

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [WIP] Better partial index-only scans
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Joshua Yanovski <pythonesque@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm glad you're looking at this, but we're in the final throws of
>> nailing down 9.4 and I don't have anticipate I'll have time to look at
>> it in the near future.  You should add it here so we don't forget
>> about it:
>>
>> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/open
> Yeah, no worries--you guys are busy enough as it is.  As far as adding
> it to the commitfest goes, I did, actually.  Should I add the comment
> with the testcase as well?  I'm investigating further and it's looking
> to me like what I'm really up against is O(n^2) behavior in the
> optimizer for OR clauses, but I'll keep looking--don't want to say
> anything too prematurely.
>>
>> And you might also check this:
>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch
>>
> Also read that--did I do something wrong?  I tried to make sure I
> followed its guidelines.  Anyway, thanks for the response :)

No, I think you wrote a nice email, and I didn't think you did
anything wrong.  It was mostly just a form letter to say, hey, this
looks interesting.  Glad you were already aware of the resources.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Wiki Page Draft for upcoming release
Сообщение: Re: Wiki Page Draft for upcoming release