Re: Bug in batch tuplesort memory CLUSTER case (9.6 only)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Bug in batch tuplesort memory CLUSTER case (9.6 only)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 2:23 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 6:23 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The proposed patch contains no test case and no description of how to
>> reproduce the problem.  I am not very keen on the idea of trying to
>> puzzle that out from first principles.
>
> I thought that the bug was simple enough that it didn't require a
> testcase. Besides, as I've often complained about there are no tests
> of external  sorting in the regression test suite whatsoever. I don't
> think you'd just accept it now if I tried to add some.
>
> I could give you steps to reproduce the bug, but they involve creating
> a large table using my gensort tool [1]. It isn't trivial. Are you
> interested?

The bug can't very well be so simple that you need not include a set
of steps to reproduce it and, at the same time, so complex that even
so much as reading the list of steps to reproduce it might be more
than I want to do.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company