Re: Windows buildfarm animals are still not happy with abbreviated keys patch

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Windows buildfarm animals are still not happy with abbreviated keys patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> Even following Robert's disabling of abbreviated keys on Windows,
> buildfarm animals hamerkop, brolga, currawong and bowerbird remain
> unhappy, with failing regression tests for "collate" and sometimes
> (but not always) "aggregates". Some of these only use the C locale.
>
> I think that "aggregates" does not fail for brolga because it's built
> without "locale_t" support (not sure how to interpret MSVC "configure"
> output, but I think that the other animals do have such support).  So
> maybe this code being executed within btsortsupport_worker(), for the
> C locale on Windows is at issue (note that abbreviation is still
> disabled):
>
> tss->locale = pg_newlocale_from_collation(collid);

Yes, you seem to have rather unwisely changed around the order of the
checks in btsortsupport_worker().  I've just rewritten it heavily to
try to more clearly separate the decision about whether to do
fmgr-elision, and if so which comparator to use, from the decision
about whether to use abbreviation.  Naturally I can't promise that
this is completely right, but I hope that, if it's not, it will at
least be easier to fix.  There's no sanity in removing the
lc_collate_is_c() check from the top of the function and then trying
to remember to exclude that case individually from the multiple places
further down that count on the fact that they'll never be reached in
that case.  This function may even have a third decision to make
someday, and they can't all be intertwined.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Sequence Access Method WIP
Сообщение: Re: Sequence Access Method WIP