Re: [HACKERS] Hash Functions

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Hash Functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 1:12 PM, amul sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a small query,  what if I want a cache entry with extended hash
> function instead standard one, I might require that while adding
> hash_array_extended function? Do you think we need to extend
> lookup_type_cache() as well?

Hmm, I thought you had changed the hash partitioning stuff so that it
didn't rely on lookup_type_cache().  You have to look up the function
using the opclass provided in the partition key definition;
lookup_type_cache() will give you the default one for the datatype.
Maybe just use get_opfamily_proc?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company