Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add some isolation tests for deadlock detection and resolution.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add some isolation tests for deadlock detection and resolution.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org> writes:
>> Add some isolation tests for deadlock detection and resolution.
>
> Buildfarm says this needs work ...
>
> dromedary is one of mine, do you need me to look into what is
> happening?

That would be great.  Taking a look at what happened, I have a feeling
this may be a race condition of some kind in the isolation tester.  It
seems to have failed to recognize that a1 started waiting, and that
caused the "deadlock detected" message to reported differently.  I'm
not immediately sure what to do about that.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company