Re: CustomScan in a larger structure (RE: CustomScan support on readfuncs.c)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: CustomScan in a larger structure (RE: CustomScan support on readfuncs.c)
Дата
Re: CustomScan in a larger structure (RE: CustomScan support on readfuncs.c)  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 1:25 AM, Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote:
> It is pretty good!
>
> The attached patch (primary one) implements the above idea.
>
> Now ExtensibleNode works as a basis structure of data container,
> regardless of CustomScan and ForeignScan.
> Also, fdw_private and custom_private are de-defined to Node * type
> from List * type. It affected to a few FDW APIs.

I extracted the subset of this that just creates the extensible node
framework and did some cleanup - the result is attached.  I will
commit this if nobody objects.

I think the part about whacking around the FDW API is a little more
potentially objectionable to others, so I want to hold off doing that
unless a few more people chime in with +1.  Perhaps we could start a
new thread to talk about that specific idea.  This is useful even
without that, though.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company