Re: [HACKERS] Reporting query on crash even if completed

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Reporting query on crash even if completed
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Reporting query on crash even if completed  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Now, for pg_stat_activity part of the argument why this wouldn't be
> confusing was that you could also see the "state" field.  Maybe we
> should try to shoehorn equivalent info into the crash log entry?

Yeah, I think so.  Really, I think this is an inadvertency, and thus a
bug.  But instead of just not showing the query when the backend is
idle, I'd change the display for that case to:

DETAIL: Failed process was idle; last query was: %s

Or something like that.  I guess we'd need another case for a backend
that crashed without ever running a query.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company