Re: [HACKERS] Reporting query on crash even if completed

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Reporting query on crash even if completed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> When a backend dies, in a manner triggering a crash restart, we
> currently log something like:
> DETAIL: Failed process was running: %s
>
> That used to be only when there's an active query, but since
> commit 4f42b546fd87a80be30c53a0f2c897acb826ad52
> that's not the case anymore. I can't recall anybody complaining, but to
> me it seems fairly confusing to report that some query was running when
> it's actually not.

I think this is fine.  If the backend crashes in nominally-post-query
mopup, it might be useful to know what it had been running.  If it
really was idle, it seems no more confusing than in pg_stat_activity.

Now, for pg_stat_activity part of the argument why this wouldn't be
confusing was that you could also see the "state" field.  Maybe we
should try to shoehorn equivalent info into the crash log entry?