Re: [v9.4] row level security

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [v9.4] row level security
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Well, the security-barrier view stuff did not present itself as a 100%
> solution.  But perhaps more to the point, it was conceptually simple to
> implement, ie don't flatten views if they have this bit set, and don't
> push down quals into such sub-selects unless they're marked leakproof.

Right.  IMHO, this new feature should be similarly simple: when an
unprivileged user references a table, treat that as a reference to a
leakproof view over the table, with the RLS qual injected into the
view.

>> I haven't reviewed this patch in a long time, but I would
>> expect that it's basically just reusing that same infrastructure; in
>> fact, I'd expect that it's little more than syntactic sugar around
>> that infrastructure.
>
> I've not read it in great detail, but it isn't that.  It's whacking the
> planner around in ways that I have no confidence in, and probably still
> wouldn't have any confidence in if they'd been adequately documented.

If that's the case, then I agree that we should not accept it, at
least in its present form.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: [v9.4] row level security
Сообщение: Re: [v9.4] row level security