Re: what to revert

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: what to revert
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> > but that might be fixed now.
>>
>> Certainly all evidence suggests that, FUD to the contrary.
>
> So it's now FUD to report issues with a patch that obviously hasn't
> received sufficient benchmarking? Give me break.

Yeah, I don't think that's FUD.  Kevin, since your last fix, we don't
have a round of benchmarking on a big machine to show whether that
fixed the issue or not.  I think that to really know whether this is
fixed, somebody would need to compare current master with current
master after reverting snapshot too old on a big machine and see if
there's a difference.  If anyone has done that, they have not posted
the results.  So it's more accurate to say that we just don't know.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company