Re: Close stdout and stderr in syslogger

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Close stdout and stderr in syslogger
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 8:30 AM Святослав Ермилин
<munakoiso@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> There is another way to solve this problem:
> We can give users the opportunity to leave or close descriptors.
> I.e. config switch for this. But I think that it's too complicated.

The typical solution to this problem is to send the stdout/stderr to a
logfile that isn't rotated because it never gets very large, and
subsequent output to the real logfile. Seems like that would be the
low-stress way to go here, rather than trying to change the code.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company