Re: [HACKERS] reload-through-the-top-parent switch the partition table

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] reload-through-the-top-parent switch the partition table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 1:58 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 1:08 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> --restore-via-partition-root ?
>
>> I worry someone will think that pg_dump is now restoring stuff, but it isn't.
>
> Well, the point is that the commands it emits will cause the eventual
> restore to go through the root.  Anyway, I think trying to avoid using
> a verb altogether is going to result in a very stilted option name.
>
> I notice that the option list already includes some references to
> "insert", so maybe "--insert-via-partition-root"?  Although you could
> argue that that's confusing when we're using COPY.

Yeah, that's definitely confusing.  I realize that my verbless version
is a little odd, but there are numerous precedents for it: --inserts,
--column-inserts, --if-exists, --strict-names, ...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company