Re: [PERFORM] Slow query: bitmap scan troubles

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Slow query: bitmap scan troubles
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 8:07 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Comments?

I'm not sure I have anything intelligent to add to this conversation -
does that make me the wisest of all the Greeks? - but I do think it
worth mentioning that I have heard occasional reports within EDB of
the query planner refusing to use extremely large indexes no matter
how large a hammer was applied.  I have never been able to obtain
enough details to understand the parameters of the problem, let alone
reproduce it, but I thought it might be worth mentioning anyway in
case it's both real and related to the case at hand.  Basically I
guess that boils down to: it would be good to consider whether the
costing model is correct for an index of, say, 1TB.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company