Re: recent Gartner's publication

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: recent Gartner's publication
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 2:38 PM, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't like this about EDB:
>
> Community leadership: EnterpriseDB is the primary contributor to the
> Postgres community, and responsible for recent features such as JSON support
>
> Am I right and "recent features such as JSON support" means our (me, Teodor
> Sigaev, Andrew Dunstan, Alexander Korotkov, Peter Geoghegan) work on jsonb ?
> If so, should we ask Gartner to correct this ?

Of course not.  As JD points out, it refers to me having developed the
original version of the JSON parser.  At some point (a long time ago),
I was asked about what EnterpriseDB employees have contributed to the
community, and that's one of the things I mentioned.  It's not the
only thing I mentioned, and it's not in my opinion the most important
thing I've done in the last 5 years, but that's what they picked.
Lots of other people have done great work in that area since then, far
exceeding my original contribution.  I can take credit only for
getting it off the ground.

The bit about "partitioning" seems like an outright mistake.  I'm
almost sure that's referring to one of EDB's proprietary features, not
anything community-related.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: recent Gartner's publication
Сообщение: Re: recent Gartner's publication