Re: Changeset Extraction v7.9.1

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Changeset Extraction v7.9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 2:06 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Attached are the collected remaining patches. The docs might need
> further additions, but it seems better to add them now.

A few questions about pg_recvlogical:

- There doesn't seem to be any provision for this tool to ever switch
from one output file to the next.  That seems like a practical need.
One idea would be to have it respond to SIGHUP by reopening the
originally-named output file.  Another would be to switch, after so
many bytes, to filename.1, then filename.2, etc.

- It confirms the write and flush positions, but doesn't appear to
actually flush anywhere.

- While I quite agree with your desire for stringinfo in src/common,
couldn't you use the roughly-equivalent PQExpBuffer facilities in
libpq instead?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company