Re: shouldn't we log permission errors when accessing the configured trigger file?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: shouldn't we log permission errors when accessing the configured trigger file?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> For some reason CheckForStandbyTrigger() doesn't report permission
> errors when stat()int the trigger file. Shouldn't we fix that?
>
> static bool
> CheckForStandbyTrigger(void)
> {
>         if (stat(TriggerFile, &stat_buf) == 0)
>         {
>                 ereport(LOG,
>                                 (errmsg("trigger file found: %s", TriggerFile)));
>                 unlink(TriggerFile);
>                 triggered = true;
>                 fast_promote = true;
>                 return true;
>         }
>
> Imo the stat() should warn about all errors but ENOENT?

Seems reasonable.  It could lead to quite a bit of log spam, I
suppose, but the way things are now could be pretty mystifying if
you've located your trigger file somewhere outside $PGDATA, and a
parent directory is lacking permissions.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company