Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Even if we decide to keep the message, I think it's not very good
> wording anyhow; as a translator I disliked it on sight.  Instead of
> "skipping scan to validate" I would use "skipping validation scan",
> except that it's not clear what it is we're validating.  Mentioning
> partition constraint in errcontext() doesn't like a great solution, but
> I can't think of anything better.

Maybe something like: partition constraint for table \"%s\" is implied
by existing constraints

> (We have the table_rewrite event trigger, for a very similar use case.)

Hmm, maybe we should see if we can safely support an event trigger here, too.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company