Re: Use outerPlanState() consistently in executor code

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Use outerPlanState() consistently in executor code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 3:38 PM, Qingqing Zhou
<zhouqq.postgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> In executor context, outerPlanState(node) is the same as
> node->ss.ps.lefttree. We follow this in most places except a few. This
> patch clean up the outliers and might save us a few instructions by
> removing indirection.
>
> Most of changes are trivial. Except I take out an outerPlan nullable
> check in grouping iterator - as a it surely has a left child.

I don't see any particular reason not to do this.

The patch is weird, though.  If I open it with "less", I get binary
garbage.  My Mac's TextEdit app opens it OK though.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company