Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Karl O. Pinc <kop@meme.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 12:58:47 +0100
> Gilles Darold <gilles.darold@dalibo.com> wrote:
>
>> All patches you've submitted on tha v13 patch have been applied and
>> are present in attached v14 of the patch. I have not included the
>> patches about GUC changes because I'm not sure that adding a new file
>> (include/utils/guc_values.h) just for that will be accepted or that it
>> will not require a more global work to add other GUC values. However
>> perhaps this patch can be submitted separately if the decision is not
>> taken here.
>
> Understood.  I've a couple of other patches that do
> a little cleanup on master that I'd also like to submit
> along with your patch.  This on the theory that
> the maintainers will be looking at this code anyway
> because your patch touches it.  All this can be submitted
> for their review at once.  My approach is to be minimally invasive on
> a per-patch basis (i.e. your patch) but add small patches
> that make existing code "better" without touching
> functionality.  (Deleting unnecessary statements, etc.)
> The overall goal being a better code base.

It would really be much better to submit anything that's not
absolutely necessary for the new feature as a separate patch, rather
than bundling things together.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: [sqlsmith] Parallel worker crash on seqscan
Сообщение: Re: [sqlsmith] Parallel worker crash on seqscan