Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix inadequacies in recentlyadded wait events

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix inadequacies in recentlyadded wait events
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> As for whether hypothetical check scripts would ever be run, I was
>> thinking we should stick them under some make target that developers
>> run all the time anyway -- perhaps "check".  Shouldn't we catch simple
>> mechanically detectable problems as early in the pipeline as possible?
>
> Adding overhead to every developer's every test cycle doesn't sound
> like a win.

If it takes 100ms, nobody's gonna notice.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix inadequacies in recently added wait events
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix inadequacies in recently added wait events