Re: Rethinking the parameter access hooks for plpgsql's benefit

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Rethinking the parameter access hooks for plpgsql's benefit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2015-03-09 12:54:44 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> If we're changing that policy for patches submitted by Salesforce
>> employes, I'm afraid I must object unless EnterpriseDB employees will
>> get the same privilege.  And I think 2ndQuadrant will want in on it,
>> too.
>
> Right.  I'm not really sure how much actual policy there is around this,
> and how much (differently) perceived policy it is.

Yes, that's fair.  I do realize that long-time, highly-trusted
committers, especially Tom, get more slack than newer committers or,
say, first-time patch submitters, and that is fair too.  At the same
time, at some point we have to cut off 9.5 development.

>> > I will admit that I'm been slacking on commitfest work.  This is not
>> > unrelated to the fact that we've been in commitfest mode continuously
>> > since last August.  I'm afraid whatever enthusiasm I had for reviewing
>> > other peoples' patches burned out some time ago.
>>
>> Yeah, it would be so much easier to get the release out the door if
>> people didn't keep submitting patches to make the product better.  We
>> should really try to discourage that.
>
> I don't think that's really the point. There's been awfully little
> progress on the committing side, and what did happen has been born by
> few shoulders. Which leaves little time that's officially dedicated to
> the fun parts.

Yeah, sorry, I lost my temper there a bit.  Sorry, Tom.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company