Re: strange behavior of pg_hba.conf file

От Atul Kumar
Тема Re: strange behavior of pg_hba.conf file
Дата
Re: strange behavior of pg_hba.conf file
Список pgsql-general
Please can you share any command  for due diligence whether ip is resolved to ipv6 ?.

On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 11:25 PM Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de> wrote:

Am 22.11.23 um 18:44 schrieb Atul Kumar:
> I am giving this command
> psql -d postgres -U postgres -p 5432 -h localhost
> Then only I get that error.

so localhost resolved to an IPv6 - address ...

> but when I  pass ip or hostname of the local server then I don't get
> such error message
> 1. psql -d postgres -U postgres -p 5432 -h <ip of local server>
> 2. psql -d postgres -U postgres -p 5432 -h <hostname of local server>

resolves to an IPv4 - address. you can see the difference?

localhost != iv4-address != hostname with ipv4 address

Andreas

--
Andreas Kretschmer - currently still (garden leave)
Technical Account Manager (TAM)

Сообщение: Re: strange behavior of pg_hba.conf file
Сообщение: Re: strange behavior of pg_hba.conf file