Re: Are there any web-client-side calls to the database from pg admin?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Are there any web-client-side calls to the database from pg admin?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 9:02 AM Aidan Hoolachan <owner@artmix.io> wrote:
Hello,

We are using AWS to host a postgresql server and we would like to keep the database as isolated as possible from external networks. We plan to provide a route from the pgAdmin host to the database, and then to provide a http route from pgAdmin to our network for access in the browser. We hope that pgAdmin does not require direct access from the browser to the database.

Does the site need to connect to the database from the web browser client or is the connection established entirely on the web server?

No, the browser doesn't need to connect to the database servers.

Are there any security features of pgAdmin that we might not be aware of?

I have no idea of what you're aware of so can't really answer that! What in particular are you looking for?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company