Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Style guide live website - looking for feedback

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Style guide live website - looking for feedback
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Shirley Wang <swang@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We've started compiling some of the agreed upon styles into a site that is
> accessible for all developers.
>
> Link to the site: http://pgadmin4-styleguide.cfapps.io/index.html
>
> As of now, we have colors, type, and alerts documented. Other styles will be
> added and where the style guide lives will change sometime in the future.
>
> I'm currently looking for feedback on a few things:
> 1. how it's structured - does the navigation make sense?
> 2. the info provided on each page - are you as a developer able to find the
> info you need? is there anything missing?
> 3. usage - what will make this easier for you to use?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Here's the thread for style guide conversation:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAPG3WN4-KTS0p6rRPxpXNqY8az%2BSw8NQHfjx%2BRFYc8ZqB_00TQ%40mail.gmail.com#CAPG3WN4-KTS0p6rRPxpXNqY8az+Sw8NQHfjx+RFYc8ZqB_00TQ@mail.gmail.com

Looks good. A couple of thoughts:

- Please use "pgAdmin 4" consistently :-)

- The neutral message panel has a border that is quite visible, whilst
the others have much more subtle borders. Seems like something to fix.

- I think we need some notes on when the different font sizes should be used.

- You've obviously created classes for these styles (e.g. text-14).
Let's make sure they are all actually defined in the stylesheets for
the app before we add the style guide :-)

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com