Re: pgAdmin 4 1.0-beta4 - Query Tool, Select file popup issues

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4 1.0-beta4 - Query Tool, Select file popup issues
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 3:04 PM, Michal Kozusznik
<kozusznik.michal@ifortuna.cz> wrote:
> On 26.10.2016 10:58, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> I wouldn't be so sure about that :-/. There are various problems with
>> using native file dialogues - firstly, they won't work at all in
>> server mode where you actually need to browse the filesystem on the
>> server, not the client.
>
> (...)
>>
>> So, I can't see us using native dialogues except in a few simple cases
>> where you really are downloading something (e.g. some query results).
>> However, I certainly do want us to improve the file management to
>> support features like you suggest.
>

> What server mode you mean?

pgAdmin server mode.

> Doesn't sql file is intended to be loaded into
> client app edit form from local machine? Server shouldn't be involved into
> this process.

No, in server mode storage is on the server.

> If making possible to open sql files from server space and storing them onto
> server was a goal then to me it seems to be a misconception.

Or a misunderstanding on your part on the goals of the project and
reasons for them.

> Another thing is using custom UI components which break user experience.
> Applications should be designed to be seamless regarding look and usage flow
> across operation system they run. For example file browser in image editor
> should look and work the same way as in text or programming editor.
>
> It all comes from best practices for UI design.

I agree. Except where it is not possible to do so, or in cases where
it could lead to an inconsistent UI experience.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin 4 1.0-beta4 - Query Tool, Select file popup issues
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin 4 1.0-beta4 - Query Tool, Select file popup issues