Re: Minimising windows installer password confusion

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Minimising windows installer password confusion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:07 AM, Craig Ringer
<craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
> On 06/13/2012 01:19 AM, Sachin Srivastava wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org
>> <mailto:dpage@pgadmin.org>> wrote:
>>
>>    On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com
>>    <mailto:robertmhaas@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>>     > What we need is to display a different dialogue based on the
>>    situation.
>>     >
>>     > If the account already exists, we should say "Please enter the
>>     > password for the existing postgres account.  If you do not know the
>>     > password, you can reset it using the Windows control panel."
>

> Why "using the windows control panel" ?

Because when I wrote the email I was looking for a simple solution
that wouldn't require writing code that has potential to fail
depending on how the users environment is configured (the user account
stuff tends to go wrong in weird ways, for example when used on
domains in unusual (or high security) configurations. We're spending a
lot of effort at the moment getting the 9.2 buildfarm together, and
updating all the StackBuilder add-on packages (think multiple
man-months) - I'm trying not to add to that too much.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company