Re: Cleaning up the Download options

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Cleaning up the Download options
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 3:15 PM David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 08:59:28AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 4:44 AM David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:

> > are
> > cleanup:

> > at all

> > > Not according to https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/postgresql#default
> >
> > What I see there:         11.3, 10.6, 9.6.13, 9.5.15, 9.4.21
> > The most recent releases: 11.3, 10.8, 9.6.13, 9.5.17, 9.4.22
> >
> > Is this really drastically out of step, given that a new install, by
> > default, would be 11.3?
> >

> I never said it was drastically out of step. However, those distributions
> listed on the "primary" section are expected to be fully up to date, not
> months out of date as is the case with some of those branches.

For people using MacOS, homebrew can be a real time saver, broadly
speaking. I'll commit to keeping the minor versions patched, and while
I can't guarantee that those patches will be applied immediately, I
can say I have yet to wait more than three days for that to happen.

Great, thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com