Re: BUG #7628: Installation of PostgreSQL 9.2.1 on Windows 7 may take too long

От Dave Page
Тема Re: BUG #7628: Installation of PostgreSQL 9.2.1 on Windows 7 may take too long
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 5:41 AM, Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au> wrote:
> On 11/01/2012 01:23 PM, Sandeep Thakkar wrote:
>> Thanks George. I have fixed the typo in initcluster.vbs on all
>> affected branches.
> Out of interest, how long has that typo been there?
>
> Could this be the cause of *all* the various and persistent issues we've
> had with icacls.exe running for ages on some systems? Or have there been
> previous problems detected and fixed too?

No, not all. It was introduced in a previous fix for the issue in
October 2011. Given the typo, I think the original fix was partially
effective (hence the occasional reports we still get). With any luck,
this will knock them on the head altogether.

I'm kinda annoyed we never spotted this, given the number of people
that have spent time reviewing and double-checking that code (myself
included). I guess these things happen sometimes no matter how
thorough you are :-(

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com