Re: Possible fix for occasional failures on castoroides etc

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Possible fix for occasional failures on castoroides etc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 8:29 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2014-05-03 13:25:32 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>>
>> > I've just noticed (while checking whether backporting 4c8aa8b5aea caused
>> > problems) that this doesn't seem to have fixed the issue. One further
>> > thing to try would be to try whether tcp connections don't have the same
>> > problem.
>>
>> I did some googling on this, and found out that people have seen identical
>> behavior on Solaris with mysql and other products, so at least we're not
>> alone.
>
> Yea, I found a couple report of that as well.
>
>>  Googling also reminded me that we could have a look at the source
>> (duh), which is still available from hg.openindiana.org.
>
> I didn't get that far ;)
>
> I think we should try whether the problem disappears if tcp connections
> are used. That ought to be much more heavily used in the real
> world. Thus less likely to be buggy.
>
> While It's not documented as such, passing --host=localhost to
> pg_regress seems to have the desired effect. Dave, could you make your
> animal specify that?

I've added:

EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS => '--host=localhost',

to the build_env setting for both animals.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: New pg_lsn type doesn't have hash/btree opclasses