Re: Possible fix for occasional failures on castoroides etc

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Possible fix for occasional failures on castoroides etc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 8:29 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> On 2012-09-17 08:23:01 -0400, Dave Page wrote:
>>> I've added MAX_CONNECTIONS=5 to both Castoroides and Protosciurus.

>> I've just noticed (while checking whether backporting 4c8aa8b5aea caused
>> problems) that this doesn't seem to have fixed the issue. One further
>> thing to try would be to try whether tcp connections don't have the same
>> problem.

> I've added:
> EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS => '--host=localhost',
> to the build_env setting for both animals.

According to
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=protosciurus&dt=2014-05-16%2014%3A27%3A58
this did not fix the problem; however, the failure is

! psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
!     Is the server running locally and accepting
!     connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.57345"?

which shows that this configuration change did not actually have the
desired effect of forcing the regression tests to be run across TCP.
I'm too tired to check into what *would* force that.