Re: [pgadmin-support] python version, desktop mode (pgAdmin4)

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] python version, desktop mode (pgAdmin4)
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Willy-Bas Loos <willybas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, i've just installed pgAdmin4 on ubuntu 14.04 using git (and QT4).
> I have 2 newbie questions about it:
>
> I use python3 in my virtualenv, but qmake says "Python2 detected". (i
> installed libqt4-dev with apt-get, so not within the virtualenv, i don't
> think the latter is possible?)
> I have not encountered any problems that i can relate to the deviant python
> version. So is this actually a bogus message? Or should i create an
> environment variable like on windows?

The project file is looking for the python-config (or python3-config)
executable on Linux/Mac. That is not typically in the virtualenv. It's
searching for an executable specified in $PYTHON_CONFIG, otherwise
python-config somewhere in the path, and finally, python3-config,
somewhere in the path.

> Also, the desktop mode still uses the browser. Only it stores my settings in
> a different file, which is stored in my home dir and without a password. And
> i have access to the root filesystem.
> I hear that on windows, this runs as a desktop application. Is there a
> possibility to do this for ubuntu?

Desktop mode *can* use a browser on any platform. It really just
determines how the app will behave (mostly by removing the need for
user accounts and un-sandboxing file access if enabled). If you can
build the Qt runtime on Ubuntu, you should also be able to run pgAdmin
in it. We don't have any Ubuntu packages for this yet, though you can
install the EDB PostgreSQL 9.6 installers which include pgAdmin 4.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company