Re: CLI for Schema Diff

От Dave Page
Тема Re: CLI for Schema Diff
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 3:36 PM Steve Chavez <steve@supabase.io> wrote:
Hey all,

In case anyone is interested, I've managed to enable a CLI mode for the Schema Diff on this repo:

It basically works by using a Flask test client that interacts with the Schema Diff endpoints.
It's a single isolated file, I haven't patched any of the existing modules.

For a quickstart, there's also a docker image that can be used like:

docker run supabase/pgadmin-schema-diff \
'postgres://postgres@host/diff_source' \
'postgres://postgres@host/diff_target' \
> diff.sql ## the stderr output shows the same messages as the Schema Diff GUI:
Starting schema diff...
Comparision started......0%
Comparing FTS Dictionaries ...35%
Comparing Functions ...50%
Comparing Trigger Functions ...60%
Comparing Sequences ...70%
Comparing Tables ...80%
Comparing Views ...90%
Done.

That's an interesting approach! Obviously the code is just a proof of concept at the moment (redirecting stdout is masking errors for example), but is this something you'd be interested in working on to become a more fully featured and production quality CLI?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com