Re: ESC closes window without warning

От Dave Page
Тема Re: ESC closes window without warning
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Edson Richter <edsonrichter@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I've already reported this issue.
>
> I hope we get this fixed before next release...

It won't be fixed in 1.16.2 I doubt, as it's a change in behaviour
that's been established for over 10 years with no previous complaints
that I can recall.

The attached patch is a quick stab at doing something. It has a couple
of quirks though, and I suspect that fixing them might be a *much*
larger task:

- It will apply to all dialogues, so if you open the backup dialogue
for example, type a filename and then click cancel, you'll get the
same message (which doesn't hurt, but isn't really the best wording in
that situation).

- It will only show the warning if you've changed something *and* what
you've changed is valid enough that the dialogue is happy with it. In
other words, you could write a 200 line function but not specify a
name, then get no warning if you hit escape.

I'm not really happy with those quirks if I'm honest. The other option
would be to have a warning added only to the dialogues that may take
real effort to recreate - e.g. dlgFunction, dlgView, dlgPackage and
dlgTable.

Thoughts?

--
Dave Page