Re: Fix for a problem with auto reconnection

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Fix for a problem with auto reconnection
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Christoph Zwerschke <cito@online.de> wrote:
> Am 27.06.2014 09:57, schrieb Dave Page:
>
>> Ashesh - your thoughts on this? I'm not sure I see how resetting
>> needColQuoting would prevent a datlastsysoid error, though I admit I
>> haven't had a chance to dive into the code yet.
>

> Some more detail:
>
> The error happens in line 285 of pgadmin/db/pgConn.cpp:
>
>     if (set->ColNumber(wxT("\"datlastsysoid\"")) >= 0)
>         needColQuoting = true;
>
> This assumes that needColQuoting was set to false before. Another solution
> might be to modify that check to something like this:
>
>     if (!needColQuoting &&
>             set->ColNumber(wxT("\"datlastsysoid\"")) >= 0)
>         needColQuoting = true;

Huh, that a kinda weird way of doing things. I think in the longer
term we should consider refactoring the handling of that variable
entirely.

In any case, I've committed a fix now, doing what your first suggested
(we do that elsewhere it seems).

Thanks!

--
Dave Page