Re: pgadmin server-status does not display

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadmin server-status does not display
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Walter Nordmann <wnordmann@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi dave,
>
> INFO   : 18:54:15: Running a DEBUG build.
>
> and that is only output if the build was done with the WXDEBUG flag set. It
> shouldn't make any difference here, but isn't the norm
>
> Really strange - but that should not be the problem.
>>

>> in the log i can't see any result for queries except fetching the
>> pg_log-files. but i'm not 100% shure where to look at.
>

> This query, for example, is used to populate the Activity pane:
>
> SELECT p.pid AS pid, application_name, datname, usename,
> CASE WHEN client_port=-1 THEN 'local pipe' WHEN length(client_hostname)>0
> THEN client_hostname||':'||client_port ELSE
> textin(inet_out(client_addr))||':'||client_port END AS client,
> date_trunc('second', backend_start) AS backend_start, CASE WHEN
> state='active' THEN date_trunc('second', query_start)::text ELSE '' END AS
> query_start,
> date_trunc('second', xact_start) AS xact_start, state, date_trunc('second',
> state_change) AS state_change, backend_xid::text, backend_xmin::text,
> (SELECT min(l1.pid) FROM pg_locks l1 WHERE GRANTED AND (relation IN (SELECT
> relation FROM pg_locks l2 WHERE l2.pid=p.pid AND NOT granted) OR
> transactionid IN (SELECT transactionid FROM pg_locks l3 WHERE l3.pid=p.pid
> AND NOT granted))) AS blockedby,
> query AS query,
> CASE WHEN query_start IS NULL OR state<>'active' THEN false ELSE query_start
> < now() - '10 seconds'::interval END AS slowquery
> FROM pg_stat_activity p ORDER BY 1 ASC
>
> If I'm honest, I'm pretty stumped now. I can't see any reason why the data
> wouldn't be displayed. Anyone else?
>
> Tried the query using psql - and of course it's returning data.
>
> May be you should add an info about returned data in the debug log?
> something like "77 lines received"

We've released the last ever version of pgAdmin III now, so that
change won't happen I'm afraid.

> First i'll use a network sniffer (wireshark) to see the answer sent to the
> client.
> Next i'll install pgadmin4 from source (no big problem for me but using
> packets for such a tool is much easier)

OK. Please let us know if that makes a difference. I can't see that it
would - but then, I can't see what would cause this anyway. It's very,
very odd.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com