Re: cannot get Debugger to install on 9.2 on Win7 x-64

От Dave Page
Тема Re: cannot get Debugger to install on 9.2 on Win7 x-64
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Tim Romano <tim.romano888@gmail.com> wrote:
> I followed the steps to enable the debugger:
>
> 1. Modified the postgresql.conf file as directed shared_preload_libraries =
> '$libdir/plugin_debugger.dll'
> 2. Stopped and restarted the database service.
> 3. Ran CREATE EXTENSION pldbgapi in the database where I'm writing the
> functions. It reported success.
>
> But the debug option does show up in the Tools menu, nor does it appear in
> the treeview's context-menu when I right-click on a function-name.

I'm sure people are getting sick of me saying this here, but it worked
for me! Some things to check:

- Did you restart pgAdmin (or at least disconnect and reconnect the
server) after creating the extension?

- The debugger only supports pl/pgsql functions on PostgreSQL. Are you
right-clicking a function written in a different language?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company