Re: PIP Package Building for pgAdmin4

От Dave Page
Тема Re: PIP Package Building for pgAdmin4
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 6:23 AM, Muhammad Aqeel
<muhammad.aqeel@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 7:06 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Muhammad Aqeel
>> <muhammad.aqeel@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Dave,
>> >
>> > I tested the build after your commit. There were minor bugs in your
>> > changes
>> > which prevented the packaging of pgadmin4 sources.
>> >
>> > - It needed a space after * in recursive include statement of
>> > manifest.in
>> > - \n is not interpreted as new line.
>> >
>> > I fixed both issues in attached patch and tested the build. It is
>> > working
>> > fine now and pgadmin4.egg-info/SOURCES.txt showing no .pyc file and
>> > pgadmin4.db file in it.
>>
>> Weird - as discussed, I tested it thoroughly before committing and it
>> works fine.
>

> PFA the new patch which contains following changes.
>
> - It just replaces the @echo to @printf in your changed line to fix the
> issue. I tested it on both Linux and OSX. It is working fine.

Looks good to me - committed.

> - In your commit you had changed 'PGADMIN_DIST = dist' to 'PGADMIN_DIST =
> build'. dist directory is generated by pip setuptools to have generated
> wheel file so it is needed. I made it again 'PGADMIN_DIST = dist'. If you
> don't want to remove it in clean-pip target then you can remove the rm
> command from clean-pip target.

Urgh. It might be nice if we can put all those directories in one
place, like pip-temp/ or something more sensible. Either way, it's no
big issue.

> - In case user runs make twice without cleaning the source it was copying
> the web directory to existing pgadmin4 source directory. I fixed this issue
> too.

OK, thanks.

>> Testing with this patch though, I see the original problem (and also,
>> so warnings - can you check them please)?
>>
>> (pgadmin4)piranha:pgAdmin4 dpage$ git reset --hard
>> HEAD is now at dc64160 Add a top level Makefile with a target and
>> appropriate Python stuff to build a PIP package of the web code.
>> (pgadmin4)piranha:pgAdmin4 dpage$ make pip 1> /dev/null
>>
>> /Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py:285:
>> UserWarning: Normalizing '1.0.0-dev' to '1.0.0.dev0'
>>   normalized_version,
>

> It is an issue with PEP440 which interprets version as integer and if sees
> any string in it, it tries to normalise it. Here is the link which explains
> it.
>
> https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/issues/302/setuptools-8-strips-leading-zeros-in
>
> It is coming with Python 2.6 only. With Python 2.7 and above it is not
> there.

Weird - I have 2.7...

>> package init file 'pgadmin4/__init__.py' not found (or not a regular file)
>

> This is because in web directory we don't have __init__.py file.
>

>> warning: manifest_maker: standard file 'setup_pip.py' not found
>

> setuptools by default look for setup_pip.py file in current directory. Since
> we placed this file in pkg/pip (according to your suggestion) this warning
> is coming.
>

>> warning: build_py: byte-compiling is disabled, skipping.
>>
>> warning: install_lib: byte-compiling is disabled, skipping.
>

> I have not faced this issue but following link suggests a solution for it.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7194299/cannot-create-new-virtualenv-in-lion
>
> It says "Setting export VIRTUALENV_USE_DISTRIBUTE=1 fixed the problem."

Oh - that's probably because I have "export PYTHONDONTWRITEBYTECODE=1"
in my profile.

No worries - thanks!