Re: Stack Builder probably installs erroneous version of pgAgent 3.4.0-1 on Win32

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Stack Builder probably installs erroneous version of pgAgent 3.4.0-1 on Win32
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 2:05 PM, CHALLIER, JEAN MARC
<jean-marc.challier@atos.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm not totally sure I am posting to the right mailing list - otherwise
> please tell me where I should send this message
>
> We tried to install pgAgent on a Windows XP-SP3 installation of
> PostgreSQL 9.5.1-1, using the bundled Stack Builder.
> The installer fails at the end saying that :
> - it "Could not create or modify the pgpass.conf file..."
> - it "Failed to install the pgAgent service"
>
> Looking at the install log, we could find several "Unknown error while
> running..." messages (should I include the log file ?).
>
> After the installation, if we try to run EXE files in the C:\Program
> Files\pgAgent folder, the following programs refuse to launch with a
> message from Windows "... is not a valid win32 application." :
> - pgagent.exe
> - createuser.exe
> - validateuser.exe
>
> ... whereas the bundled psql.exe seems to work.
>
> Strangely,  those executable files, when copied to my 64-bits Windows 7,
> launch without problem (even though they don't find the local PostgreSQL
> installation, which is normal).
>
> My best guess is that Stack Builder downloads the Win64 package instead
> of the Win32 one - maybe because this package is stored at the wrong
> place in the repository ? Or is it a building issue ?
>
> So my questions are :
> - Could it be possible to warn the pgAgent Windows packager of this issue ?
> - Where can I find a working Win32 installer for pgAdmin 1.22.1(the
> production machine is not connected to the Internet and does not have
> building tools).

The issue is that Windows XP is not supported any more, and not all of
the toolchains in current use produce binaries that will run on it.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company