Stack Builder probably installs erroneous version of pgAgent 3.4.0-1 on Win32

От CHALLIER, JEAN MARC
Тема Stack Builder probably installs erroneous version of pgAgent 3.4.0-1 on Win32
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello all,

I'm not totally sure I am posting to the right mailing list - otherwise
please tell me where I should send this message

We tried to install pgAgent on a Windows XP-SP3 installation of
PostgreSQL 9.5.1-1, using the bundled Stack Builder.
The installer fails at the end saying that :
- it "Could not create or modify the pgpass.conf file..."
- it "Failed to install the pgAgent service"

Looking at the install log, we could find several "Unknown error while
running..." messages (should I include the log file ?).

After the installation, if we try to run EXE files in the C:\Program
Files\pgAgent folder, the following programs refuse to launch with a
message from Windows "... is not a valid win32 application." :
- pgagent.exe
- createuser.exe
- validateuser.exe

... whereas the bundled psql.exe seems to work.

Strangely,  those executable files, when copied to my 64-bits Windows 7,
launch without problem (even though they don't find the local PostgreSQL
installation, which is normal).

My best guess is that Stack Builder downloads the Win64 package instead
of the Win32 one - maybe because this package is stored at the wrong
place in the repository ? Or is it a building issue ?

So my questions are :
- Could it be possible to warn the pgAgent Windows packager of this issue ?
- Where can I find a working Win32 installer for pgAdmin 1.22.1(the
production machine is not connected to the Internet and does not have
building tools).

Best regards,
--
*Jean-Marc CHALLIER*
Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le "message") sont établis à l’intention exclusive des destinataires

This message and any attachments (the "message") are intended solely for the addressee(s). It contains confidential
information,that may be privileged. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and
deletethe message. Any use of the message in violation of its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either wholly
orpartially is strictly prohibited, unless it has been explicitly authorized by the sender. As its integrity cannot be
securedon the internet, Atos and its subsidiaries decline any liability for the content of this message. Although the
senderendeavors to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is
virus-freeand will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.