Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin 4 v1.3 fails to load

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin 4 v1.3 fails to load
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Campbell, Lance <lance@illinois.edu> wrote:
> Dave,
> I did exactly what you said.  I totally delete the application.  Deleted all directories from the file system.  Then
Ireinstalled it.  It hung on startup.  I then had to stop it via task manager.  Then I loaded it the second time.  It
thenran.  The next time I tried to start it the application hung.

> I have never ever had any issue with pgAdmin 3.  I don't have any of these issues with pgAdmin4 v1.1 .

I'm still struggling to reproduce the issues myself, but all the
evidence suggests it was the move from QtWekKit to QtWebEngine that
caused it (that happened in 1.2). We did that because of numerous
other bugs in QtWebKit, and because QtWebKit has been deprecated and
removed from current versions of Qt. Unfortunately it seems that
whilst QtWebEngine solves the original problems, it has it's own set.

We're currently trying a PoC with another option, as well as thinking
through some other ideas...

Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: "Campbell, Lance"
Сообщение: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin 4 request
От: codepantry
Сообщение: PG ADMIN 4.1.3