Re: PostgreSQL website redesign

От Dave Page
Тема Re: PostgreSQL website redesign
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 11/19/2011 09:29 AM, damien clochard wrote:
>>
>> c/ Sorry but I'm not a huge fan of the Postgres Open website :-/ It's
>> full of HTML and CSS errors everywhere. The meta tags are pretty poor.
>> Basic files like sitemap.xml or robots.txt are missing. There's no
>> favicon either....  On what basis is this an "excellent job" ?
>>

> The Postgres Open site is built on top of some Django code from another
> conference, and it turned out to be a nightmare to work with.  The primary
> basis you should judge the designer of that site on is whether the visual
> look is nice.  As far as I know every error you mentioned resulted from a
> framework issue that they had no control over.  All time that had been
> intended for fixing those sort of things (and far more) was gobbled up just
> getting the schedule to display, which had nothing to do with the job they
> were working on.

We have our own new framework, which should be going live in the next
2 or 3 weeks. Any new design will be based on that.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL website redesign
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL website redesign